Injured on the job? We'll get you back to work soon.
Work Injury Rehabilitation Programs at Twain Physiotherapy and Wellness are structured and goal-oriented programs designed to help you identify work capacities, regain functional skills, and return to work after an injury. A leader in rehabilitative care, we provide evaluations to identify and reduce the risks of new and repeat injuries in the workplace.
GETTING YOU BACK TO WORK
How do you know if you’re ready to go back to work?
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE): Our therapists will perform a comprehensive assessment of patient’s current abilities to perform work tasks, such as sitting, standing, walking, grip, carry, push, pull, lift and utilize tools and/or computers. This helps to identify whether he/she is ready to safely return and also provides a detailed summary of the client’s physical abilities as it pertains to the work environment.
What if I’m not ready to go back to work?
After completing the functional capacity evaluation the therapist may recommend a work conditioning or work hardening program.
Our interdisciplinary approach will help you return to work safely. With the help of therapists, you participate in an intensive program geared towards getting you safely back to work. This includes:
- An exercise program to regain strength, endurance, range of motion, core stabilization and cardiovascular conditioning.
- A work simulation program which teaches you ways to work safely and comfortably. This is done by practicing the specific job tasks, which can include tool use, lifting, gross and fine motor activities, ladder climbing. Our state-of-the art work simulator provides a large variety of work simulations to mirror the work environment.
The goals of our program include:
- Increase physical tolerances for work
- Regain flexibility, mobility, strength and endurance
- Learn safe work techniques
- Assess tools or job modifications for a safe return to work
- Gain knowledge of your injury and how to manage pain