Often we hear to give massage to our shoulder, back and neck as these are easily injured body parts. Sometimes, you feel tense and tend to give massage to required stressed body parts. Working on these areas is good, you may feel uncommon when you come to know that there are some other body parts which need a message to keep yourself healthy in the term of whole body.
These are 6 vital body parts that are often overlooked:
- The Ears :Besides hearing, the ears have reflex points where the message can counteract the overall body and mental stress. If you press the point near to the top of the ears, inside the rim, it can deliver us in the state of calm, reduce the stress and headaches.
- The Wrist :A wrist has an acupressure point that is also known as ‘Inner Gate’ or Pericardium 6. If you massage this point, it will calm the racing heart and relieves anxiety.
- The Thumb:Do you know, our thumb alone have 8 muscles? The fingers have gazillion nerve receptors that are connected to the body. Massaging finger along with thumb releases the tension of the whole body.
- The Gut:Scientifically, gut health and digestion are connected, this is why one is suggested to massage the stomach for keeping good digestion. It improves the mobility of guts and relieves from abdominal and hip flexor tension.
- The Diaphragm:A diaphragm is the foremost muscle of breathing and vital for core and spinal stability. So, it is important to keep it in a shape preventing pain and injury. Hence, one should consider for diaphragm massage.
- The Buttocks:The buttocks massage is performed by friction, compression and deep strokes. It results to remove the acute pain, soreness, tight muscles and encourage the blood flow through the deep tissues of glutes.
Benefits Of Massage
- Nowadays, stress is common that many people suffering from due to busy life-schedule while massage is necessary to give faster relief.
- A massage improves the blood flow which reduces the sign of old age.
- There are distinct massage techniques that relieve from common pain, anxiety and depression.
These all benefits you can obtain at Twain Physiotherapy & Wellness in Mississauga. We provide support and customized care throughout your rehabilitation journey.